It is a fascinating time, and Avencia Digital is looking for a Financial Crime Analyst for our Compliance Team based in London.
Avencia Digital is committed to being a responsible cryptoasset business. This is achieved by positively contributing to our society, communities, investing in people, and pro-actively embracing change. Avencia Digital is a member of the UK’s Digital Asset Trade Association ‘Crypto UK’ and is committed to building a sustainable ecosystem to foster alternative investments and funding with a transparent and fair-trading environment.
If you enjoy being collaborative, hands-on and have an analytical mindset you’ll love it here. We’re offering the excitement, scope, and stimulation of an innovative fintech with the security of joining an established, sustainable, and profitable business.
Our business goals are to:
- Obtaining a permanent registration from Financial Conduct Authority
- Establishing the Trading Platform, and
- Earn an Outstanding Reputation
The role is:
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Financial Crime Analyst for our Compliance Team based in London, to support with transaction monitoring and customer onboarding. As a Financial Crime analyst, you will be a fast learner who strives to complete quality work at pace. You will be confident in analysing and investigating customer accounts, applying money laundering knowledge and having good decision-making skills.
You'll love it here if:
- You are self-motivated and keen to be a part of a developing team.
- You will go the extra mile to ensure our customers and our business is protected against financial crime.
- You have had experience working in the financial crime sector with great teamwork experience and working to tight deadlines.
You'll need to have:
- Proven experience working in a financial crime environment within financial services and ideally in the crypto industry.
- Transactional Monitoring and KYC review experience.
- Established investigational and decision-making skills.
- Basic experience and knowledge of UK and International financial crime regulations that govern the financial industry.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic and growing team.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office suite products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make sound risk-based decisions where judgement is required.
- Ability to manage a high and demanding workload with associated targets.
- Experience with Chainalysis or similar crypto tracing tools.
- Experience with ComplyAdvantage or similar transaction monitoring tools.
- Providing guidance on KYC, Client onboarding and due diligence requirements.
- Conduct reviews of all clients onboarded to ensure client data and information is up to date.
- Support the Head of Compliance and MLRO implementing financial crime risk migration plans.
- Assist with investigations of all suspicious activity reporting transactions.
- Support with all financial crime due diligence requirements to ensure decisions are handled appropriately.
- Communicate with the business key components of the Financial Crime Program, assist with the delivery of financial crime training sessions.
- Assist with the collating monthly, quarterly, and annual management information decks to convey the current and emerging financial crime risks.
- Review all alerts generated in connection with potential Sanction breaches, negative news, and PEP status.
- Participate in group strategic initiatives that provide a sustainable business model to groups growth.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in a financial crime environment.
- Proven experience performing an AML/KYC due diligence/ client onboarding role.
- Familiar with AML/KYC regulations and industry guidelines.
- Familiar with the KYC and Client Due diligence process.
- Prior experience working in financial services.
- Strong attention to detail, proactive and organized.
- Ability to collaborate with front office teams, building rapport with internal stakeholders and compliance colleagues.
The successful candidate gets:
- An opportunity to get in and contribute meaningfully to a growing business.
- Exercise the initiative in an environment where the character, as well as the ideas, are valued.
- Competitive pay of £26k with prospective salary increases.
- The choice of computer, phone, keyboard.
- Everything the successful applicant needs to be efficient.
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socialising, and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates.
- Unique referral rewards program.
We believe in people and equal opportunities
Covid-19 - Due to current restrictions we have implemented a fully virtual hiring process whereby we conduct interviews by phone or video. We are also onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our company and community because we know we are all in this together.
Avencia Digital is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills, and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Location: London / Remote
Please apply using your CV and a two-page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 22nd of October 2021 at 23:59 London time.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.